www.Sepurine.info

Šepurine from the sea
Šepurine from the sea
Our page would like to introduce Šepurine, the northwestern settlement on Prvić Island, one of the inhabited islands of the Šibenik archipelago stretching between Šibenik and Vodice - and further. Similarly to Prvić Luka (the other village on Prvić), Šepurine (locals call it Šepurina) is accessible from the mainland by the regular boat service. This ferry doesn't carry vehicles, Prvić is car-free island.

Šepurine Beach
Šepurine Beach
The coast most suitable for bathing is the one south of the harbor (Trstevica), the beach is gravel here. Of course, one can enter the water at the terraces of the waterfront houses, too.

The island is, without any exaggeration, is one of the most tranquil and relaxed ones in Dalmatia - apart from the casual tourists making trips to the island one certainly doesn't find the place overcrowded. Accommodation-wise, hotel with amenities (Hotel Maestral) is available in Prvić Luka, Šepurine families offer private apartments. On the riva one can find a small travel agency, grocery store, post office and a couple of restaurants and bars. Out of the events in Šepurine the Feast of St. Rochus stands out - it's celebrated on the church patron saint day, on the 16th of August.

Sunset in harbor
Sunset in harbor
Old town ambience
Old town ambience
Settlement of Šepurine was preceeded by that of Prvić Luka - in Luka Franciscans built up their monastery in 1461. Initially, the area of Šepurine was popular with the noble families of the facing mainland, they built summer residences on the island. The most famed of them was the Vrančić family, whose villa is standing still. Common people started to move to the island due to the threat of the Turkish Empire, as the island promised more security. According to the script above the church door Šepurine's old church was built around 1620-1626, however, in its current format, the church is much younger than this - the bell-tower, for example, is a neoclassicist work from 1804. The new church, St. Mary of the Assumption in the inner part of the island was erected in 1878.

Please also visit our pages with Šepurine pictures and short videos. For a better navigation in the village we've compiled a map with Šepurine points-of-interest.

What do you think? Please comment here!

Our pages in the area

Do we connect?

CroaRiva